Re: [NTLK] Newton Geek Factor

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 12:34:15 PST

on 1/18/04 1:04 PM, Tony Kan at tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz wrote:

> I used to until I left it in a supermarket trolley...

I've done that exactly three times... Every time, I was with my young
daughters, and every time, they had problems. Twice, I drove off, leaving
the Newton. Both times, it took me a long time to get back, and both times,
the Newton was still there. The third time, I didn't even leave the trolley,
just turned my back while getting my little daughter in the car, and
somebody lifted it while my back was turned. I know they thought they were
getting a man's hand wallet (Ed's "man bag"), probably with money. I'm sure
they were surprised and disappointed to find the Newton... I shutter to
think what happened to it (probably right in the trash!) :-( But the other
two incidents were amazing... :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland