Re: [NTLK] Database App. for MP2100

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 14:35:38 PST

>Need some advice on a simple to use data base app for the MP 2100. Need to
>make a data base to track Scuba Dives and Student Info !
>
>I have tried using Notion, but either I have a bunked version or it is
just
>way too glitchy !

Depends on what you need to do with the data after you get it into your
Newton. And what kind of desktop do you have Mac or PC? If you need to
export your data and have a Mac, then I suggest Filepad (which is free), or
if you don't need to export and don't need to do heavy searches then Filepad
will also work well. If you need industrial strength then leverage is the
way to go. But the only exporting I have found is with a Mac. Although if
I remember right there is a way to do raw tab delimited text dumps. You can
then import them into several different database programs. Ebase is also
free and in a add on to Newtworks, and it seems to have a export feature
using NCU although I have not tried it. Ebase is also a simpler database
than Filepad, but may do what you need.

As for Notion, what version do you have? I have used it and never had any
problems. But then I never used it for very complex lists either.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html