[NTLK] Selling Newton 2100s

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 08:10:06 PST

I originally posted this a week ago, but thought I would try again just
in case.

My son is getting out of the Newton arena, so I have inherited his MP
as a backup to my 2000u. So I now have more spare Newtons than I need
and am selling two 2100s. I wanted to offer them on the list so that
they would go to fellow enthusiasts.

The first is a Newton MP2100. It has all parts except for a battery and
a stylus. The screen is flawless but the screen cover has four
scratches on the outside. The body of the Newton is in very good shape,
except for one scratch on the back, and includes the cover for the
power and interconnect port, and two PC card blanks. The touch screen
appears to take more pressure for writing than my 2000u that is my
everyday machine. Sometimes, I have thought that it had the jaggies,
but I just plugged it in with my regular power supply and it appeared
to be fine.

The second is a Newton MP2100 that is a barebones unit ... perhaps
suitable for parts. It does not have a battery or stylus. It also is
missing the cover for the power and interconnect port, the screen
cover, and the latch that holds the screen cover in place on the right
side of the Newton. It has a screen protector and the screen appears to
be in good shape - no scratches. However, it appears to have a mild
case of the jaggies. So I think it would be more suitable for parts
than anything else. It has the rubber pads in place on the back and
the clips to hold the screen in the open position.

Contact me off list if interested.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html