Re: [NTLK] Wooo Hooooo - Just received my WLI-PCM-L11GP-PC

From: Anil (anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 11:10:04 PST

Hi there Paul, I too would like to get wireless to work with my Newton.
But it has been a total pain, I have a WaveLan Silver Turbo card and I
would like to use 128 but WEP, the Japanese driver page says my card
won't support 128 bit WEP. But it does, I plugged it in to the Airport
socket on my G4 re-booted and bingo 128 bit WEP and a wireless
connection with my Nokia base station.

So go figure. I like your card though, nice small aerial. Shame I live
in the UK I would love to get one like yours. Keep posting back on your
progress, I would be interested to see how you get on. Please provide
more info on your set up when you do. For example which base station
are you using what set up did you get to work, Ad-hoc etc.

Maybe your learning process may help me.

Kind regards

Anil.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html