Re: [NTLK] HELP!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 17:01:07 PST

on 21/01/04 19:46, Keyes Kurt at kkeyes_at_mac.com wrote:

> OK guys, I am a total Newton Newbie, so bear with me please!
>
> I just got into Newtons. I have a 2100, a Lucent Wavelan Silver Turbo,
> serial cable, and OS 9.1 and 10.3 Macs.
>
> I have gotten as far as getting the Newton talking to the OS 9 machine
> via Appletalk/serial cable and the NCU. I have installed a few
> packages like Avi's backdrop and a Spellchecker. That is it.
>
> I have downloaded the drivers for the wireless card, but don't know
> what to do now. The Newton gives me the error that the card is not
> compatible. I am stuck. It is a brand new Lucent card.
>
> Basically, I want to get this Newton synced up with both machines
> somehow. I do not have the USB-serial adapter to hook it up to the OS
> X machine, so is it possible to set up a wireless network between the
> two and transfer files/sync with Address Book and iCal that way?
>
> I also want to browse the web with it, and maybe check email, via the
> Lucent card.

Kurt,

If the card really says on it that it is a Wavelan Silver Turbo, then I
think it should work. Did you install the wireless driver on the internal
memory?

-Laurent.

fish n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] 1. Another metasyntactic variable.
See foo. Derived originally from the Monty Python skit in the middle of "The
Meaning of Life" entitled "Find the Fish". 2. A pun for `microfiche'. A
microfiche file cabinet may be referred to as a `fish tank'.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html