Re: [NTLK] Wireless Sniffer

From: Bret Feinblatt (bafein_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 05:51:15 PST

Huh... I'll bet it was your archived message that put me onto it in the
first place.
How about those other sniffer apps, like iStumbler and so forth, which
provide the source code? Keeping in mind that the last time I had
anything to do with programming was high school around 1983 working on
an Apple II, and therefore know nothing about this sort of thing, is it
possible to take the source, whittle it down from the 6 meg version
made for the Mac, and turn it into something usable on the Newton? You
know, just grab this part and that and say, "Okay, you work for Newton
now," that kid of thing?

I realize it's a bit more complicated than that, you'd have to toss the
Mac interface & hardware info and throw in something about the Newton
connections and so forth, but anyone think this is workable?

More to the point, is there much point in doing so?

--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits.