Re: [NTLK] vCard importation

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 11:11:00 PST

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:04:21 -0500 (EST), Donald Wilson wrote:
> But, in names when you click "Add" you can hit custom and add custom
> fields, and these fields are then available to all names.

Ok, that might be a working solution, haven't though about it.

> I might take a look at the code for ICVC and see what might be done... I
> think the painful part for the user would be typing in the exact header
> tag from the vcard into the newton ie:
>
> vCard field: X-AIM;type=HOME; NewtonField: AIM Home
> vCard field: NOTE: NewtonField: Notes

Of course you could also just hardcode a mapping for all possible
Address Book fields (there are not that many) to get a first working
solution.

The code you want to modify is in the "Put Away Transport", function
"MCreateNamesEntry". Let me know if need help there, I hope it is more
or less straightforward (e.g. the value of the X-AIM field will be
stored in the card frame like this: card.x-aim.value := "...").
Printing the card frame might be a good start to see what the vCard
parser produces.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html