Re: [NTLK] Have Melco WLI-PCM-L11GP-PC, will Travel!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 21:48:25 PST

on 23/01/04 00:15, Newtopia at MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net wrote:

> Confirmed, indeed there were no Macintosh computers found.... Is there a way
> just to add good ole Ethernet to the options?

Not with NCU. NCU was never completed to provide Ethernet support on
Windows. To be able to use NCU under Windows, people generally use a Mac
emulator on Windows that runs an older version of the Mac OS that is fine if
you only want to run NCU. The name of the emulator escapes me right now but
I'm sure someone will chime in with the right name...

Other than that, your choice is pretty limited for Ethernet on Windows with
a Newton...

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older
Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it
up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows,
misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes
crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated
with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly
abbreviated BSOD.)
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html