[NTLK] X-over Connection- Backup

From: lvr (lvrooy_at_iafrica.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 23:38:57 PST

Listers
Now that ethernet connection is a topic again (albeit 2 days ago- that's
how far back I am in the Digests), I want to repeat a (very basic) Q again
for which I got no reply:

When backing up (NCU) my ump2000 to my Mac using a x-over cable (I recently
tried a hub as well) the backup proceed till it gets to the 32MB Pretec
card and then abrubtly aborts with a -10601 (?) error. I have a very old
backup of the card, so it did work in the past. .pkg installations work
fine.

Fot some time now I also cannot initiate any of NCU's options from the Mac
side; I have to do it on the Newton. This Q was asked a long time ago by
someone else, but I cannot trace any response(s).

If its 'preferences' on the Newt's side, which ones?

Any advice appreciated.

Les
ZAR

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html