Re: [NTLK] HELP!

From: bmcewen_at_comcast.net
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 09:14:57 PST

>Subject: Re: [NTLK] HELP!
>From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>
>Well, good luck, then. Trying to connect with NCU over AppleTalk on Ethernet
>is pretty straightforward and is generally the first step you take before
>trying to surf on the Internet to make sure the card works fine with your
>given wireless router. There aren't a lot of settings: NCU set to AppleTalk.
>AppleTalk in OS 9 set to Ethernet on the Mac (although I think you can't set
>this from OS X, you would have

The only problem with testing using Appletalk to connect to NCU first, before trying any IP addresses, is the issue mentioned last digest where Appletalk/ethertalk (wireless) won't cross over to the wired side of many models of WAP.

There's the "thumb" package on unna somewhere, which will do a very basic "ping" of IP addresses, which can be useful.

Brian

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html