[NTLK] My new emate

From: Andy Stamp (andy.stamp_at_dial.pipex.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 09:59:57 PST

I would like to use this list to say a massive 'thank you' to Frank Gruendel
for my new emate.

I've been a Newton user since the MP120 was released and, although it's now
accompanied by a MP2000 and a UMP2000, I've always wanted an emate.

After various, fruitless, attempts to aquire one from ebay. I heard from
Frank that he was willing to let one of his go... Upgraded battery, Hinge
problem sorted, great condition and a very reasonable price...

A deal was done, and after a few problems with UK banking system (let's just
join the Euro and get on with it !!!), my 'new green laptop' is sitting in
front of me as I type.

Not only did Frank wait patiently whilst my Bank tried to rip me off, but
the 'as new' emate came with a full diagnostic printout, a couple of FREE
extra styli (?) and a brand spanking new Newton PSU.
The best bit, however, was the personal message that he'd hand written on
the screen to greet me when I first switched it on. Pure class.

So once again, a bit 'round to applause' to Frank for his customer service
and for just being a great bloke.

Andy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html