Re: [NTLK] Other WiFi/Escale problems.

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 21:09:56 PST

        Well, I've installed the Dock TCP 1.1 module as you suggested, and am
now able to install software and synchronize using Escale 1.0.1. For
some reason any of the later builds cause Escale to crash while the
connection is being made. 1.0.1 works, but crashes after every install
and after every time I synchronize with it, right after the error
message from the Newton that the connection has been lost. Ah, well,
at least I'm getting data in and out of it again--thank you!

On Friday, January 23, 2004, at 04:44 PM, Paul Guyot wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Bruce E. Durocher II wrote:
>
>> I managed to alter my settings for my Lucent Technologies Wavelan
>> Turbo Silver and can't get Escale to work with it again. My Newton
>> 2100 Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE screen is set at Infrastructure, Channel 11
>> (ignored), Use Roaming and Power Management on. My Internet Setup is
>> DHCP Server, my Dock settings are TCP/IP, use ZeroConf. My 10.2.8
>> Powerbook is set at Using DHCP, Appletalk is Automatic, I have enabled
>> Appletalk in Directory Access, and my firewall is open at port 3679.
>> Yet, when I try to connect and after the Newton correctly sees the
>> Powerbook by asking for it as a server, I get "waiting for response"
>> for awhile and then "cannot reach the server." Any suggestions as to
>> what I might try next, outside of a serial cable? Thanks!
>
> Did you try Dock TCP 1.1 module?
>
> If not, this is the same old known bug in Dock TCP 1.0.
>
> You'll find the 1.1 here:
> http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/DCL/
>
> Paul

Bruce E. Durocher II