[NTLK] LocalTalkBridge [was: Opening of the Tucson Apple Store]

From: Len Cole (leonard.cole_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 10:13:39 PST

LocalTalkBridge is an unsupported Apple control panel which you must use to have localtalk access if you are using ethernet. It is the most recent version of bridging software which Apple released, and is only tested through OS 8 or 8.1. I'm using it with OS 9.2.2 with no problems, though, as other users have reported as well.

Using ethernet turns off localtalk. Since I use DSL, which requires ethernet, I need the control panel to hook up the LW and the MP130; the serial connection for the MP is way too slow!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html