Re: [NTLK] FW: Re: Gem Enterprises selling info from my site ***This

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 10:42:08 PST

>Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:46:05 -0500
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] FW: Re: Gem Enterprises selling info from my
>site ***This

[...]

>I suspect that some of this stuff is just documents anyone could find
>online if they took the time. From the sound of it, people are just
>paying to get it all in one place without searching the net for it.

People, willya read Frank's initital posting, GEM's initial posting and the
auction in question:

==> GEM is NOT selling these links. There is NO monetary transaction to get
this information. <==

BUT it is bundled with a perfectly legit commercial offer, and the way this
additional free offer is worded does somehow hint at "this is pretty handy
and valuable knowledge, and you get it here from us exclusively and for
free when you buy the other stuff". It all *does* look like an additional
incentive, a sales motivation - the buyer gets something valuable in
addition which wouldn't be obtainable anywhere else, much less for free.
That's, I guess, what irritated Frank and others.

My preferred solution would be rewording the offer as Victor suggested and
crediting that these are *free* manuals provided by Frank Gruendel, esq.,
of pda-soft.de fame - if this suits Frank.
    I'd still be viewing this offer as sales enticement that went on a bit
too strong and would merit some reasonable compensation, but I believe Gary
and Frank can get this settled bc and amiably.

Besides all this, class - let's behave. No need for strong language,
mud-slinging and insulting people unnecessarily, dammit! ;=} No, honestly,
darlings - let's stick to the facts, keep calm, and let the guys work this out.

Yer fave kooky crankster

that guy 'Kasko

(who used to work in intellectual copyright environments quite a while,
too, like every other closet lawyer on this list).

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html