Re: [NTLK] OT drooling over mac

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 15:19:29 PST

>On January 28, 2004, Martin Joseph wrote:
>
>Yeah, and the cube too... Although your free 7600 is a
>much better computer then the TAM IMHO. You can run OSX
>quite nicely on there with a G3 or G4 upgrade...

I would beg to differ on this.

I have both.

There is no comparison.

The TAM is so much more than a 7600 in too many ways to describe here.

As for running OS X, the TAM won't. But then again, neither do I run X
on my iMac/233. OS X is for the newer more powerful Macs. OS 7.6 -- 9.2
work fine on the older models. And the TAM on 7.6 is fast. However, I
tend to keep it on 9.2 for the networking.

Sushi

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html