Re: [NTLK] Backing up packages to the PC

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 14:58:24 PST

> The question remains, can programs be saved directly onto my home
desktop pc?
> Is that automatically taken care of when I conduct a backup?
Inquiring minds
> would like to know.

To the best of my knowledge you can choose whether you want to back up
packages
or not if you do a backup with the Newton Connection Utilities. But you
can't
save them in a way that results in a file that contains only the package
you
want.
Also, there are copy-protected packages out there that might refuse
being
backed up.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de