Re: [NTLK] So where to (re)start?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 22:47:42 PST

on 1/29/04 8:50 PM, Martin Joseph at martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com wrote:

> Both of the above are PowerPC based 'books, but I wouldn't recommend
> either it wifi is what you are hoping for as it is a pain to setup on
> these.

Actually, if the "19??" is actually the 190, then wasn't it a 68040-based
'book? It was upgradeable, I think, but I don't think it was out of the box
a PowerPC computer...

I get the impression that he wants to do Airport/WiFi with this 'book... At
that point, he would be better served with a G3-generation of PowerBook. For
instance, the Pismo, at least, has a built-in antenna and space for an
Airport card. Unfortunately, they seem to be holding at about $600 or more.
:-( I think, however, that the oldest G3 (code named Kanga) might suit, and
they are cheaper... That is what I would recommend for wifi.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland