Re: [NTLK] eWorld, shmeWorld, Update - do I lose anything when I kick

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 10:02:43 PST

on 1/30/04 1:35 PM, DJ Vollkasko at DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net wrote:

> Again, Q: What does it do, "hide" that Update transport so I don't see it
> anymore, or does it delete it? Need the package be on the Newton or does it
> delete itself after working its magic? Is there any way to bring Update
> back, do I lose anything (drivers or whatever) without this?

All these packages do is hide them so they don't show up on your pick lists
and such... Nothing more, nothing less. None of the items you are asking
about can be deleted, because they are built into the system ROM. However,
it does get boring having to ignore them all the time, so, installing these
extensions will remove them from sight and mind... In fact, I forgot all
about eWorld until you mentioned it... Yes, it's on my kids' 120s... It
probably isn't worth the heap the packages take... Yes, that is the one
caveat. Installing these hiding apps does take heap--not much, but on a 120,
you may prefer to see these things. On a 130, it's not worth worrying about
the heap, install the packages and forget them and eWorld and updates... :-)
HTH

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland