Re: [NTLK] Freezing

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 10:48:28 PST

Yes that is it. It also saves heap (equivalent to RAM in a desktop) because
even if a package is not *running* it is still using heap. So if you have a
lot of packages it adds up and it is best to freeze the ones you are not
using. Freezing is not enabled by default however and the easiest way to
enable it is to get SBMOptions, it will enable freezing and has some other
nice features. It is on UNNA at
http://www.unna.org/unna/utilites/SBMOptions/

When freezing is enabled, select a package (tap and hold till you hear the
squeek on the package you want to freeze) then tap the routing (envelope) at
the bottom and select freeze and it will turn into a snowflake (showing that
it is froze). Thawing is normally done when the package is taped again.

-Dan