Re: [NTLK] Connector J6 Pin Description

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 15:52:45 PST

On 31. Jan 2004, at 01:21, Paul Guyot wrote:
> No idea. I guess it's a limitation of the Voyager chipset.

Interesting... where did you stumble across this limitation? I just
played around with some sample code and it lets me happily instantiate
endpoints on locations "tblt" and "mdem" (channel 2 and 3?) with up to
115.2kbps.

> However, you can use the (slower) channels 2 or 3 to enable the
> BlueTooth module (and disable the external serial port). You could
> also provide an external plug like SER-001 but plugged to channel 2
> for a keyboard.

One problem is that the modules are preconfigured to talk at
115.2kbps... there might be some way around that, but 38.4kbps is not
that great as a maximum speed either. So if indeed only channel 0 can
go that fast, I'd have to get access to that channel on the CMOS level
- somewhere before the LTC1323. As it seems, J6 comes after the line
driver and is therefore not usable in this case.

Well, as soon as I know where to get the 3.3V, I can see how fast
channel 3 really goes. I could of course also hijack channel 1...

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html