Re: [NTLK] GPS and maps on the Newton

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 08:54:11 PDT

>DO NEVER INSERT ANY 3V PCMCIA CARD INTO THE NEWT!
>
>That is the simple answer.

Agreed. The long answer is it depends on the driver. If a driver is not
set up to handle 3v properly, you can fry the newt, card or both. So to be
safe don't put a 3v card into your Newt. Paul had a discusson on this a
month or two ago regarding this (check the archives, I think it was called
3v cards or something like that), and mentioned that ATA Support driver
works fine with 3v, but it all depends on the driver. The wireless driver
(Heroshi's...and excuse the spelling I don't have time to double check it)
is only set for 5v, and to insert a 3v one will cause damage.

Again, to be safe don't plug a 3v card into your Newt unless you are SURE it
will work.

-Dan