Re: [NTLK] AirPort & Escale OS X Question

From: John A (macnut1_at_gawab.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 01:52:12 PDT

On Jul 5, 2004, at 3:25 AM, Martin Joseph wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2004, at 2:17 PM, Mark Millard wrote:
>
>> "Use card for AppleTalk." Did the trick, thanks CCS!
>>
>> Only problem now is the WaveLAN card won't stay connected long enough
>> to complete activities with Escale.
>>
>> I think I'll follow Indigo's advice and work on getting a Twin Serial
>> adapter via eBay, several are for sale.
> I recommend not doing that...
>
> The wireless setup you already have is much faster at installing
> packages and can do what you need to do. Also the software the you can
> use with it is still improving (ie escale).
>
> I use my wireless card to install packages from my PBG4 all the time
> and it works great.
>
> Paying for and dealing with the keyspan thing is a waste in my
> opinion(since you already have the NIE and wireless thing installed)...

Well, that may be fine for you, since your setup is working okay, but
since his isn't working dependably, I would say the Keyspan is a valid
option for him. If his setup worked for him as well as yours, then he
wouldn't be asking about the USB-serial adapter. Nothing is more
frustrating than trying to install a package and not being able to get
it done because your connection drops. I have ethernet working on my
2100, but I still use Newten with my Keyspan. Serial may not be the
fastest, but it's the most dependable.

JR