Re: [NTLK] Upgrading Newton 2000

From: Patrick Jendraszak (indyibook_at_insightbb.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 08:02:56 PDT

I've used just about every Newton there is ... The main difference between
the 2000 and the 2100 is heap memory. For an in depth explanation of heap
memory, you may want to check the FAQ on UNNA.

Basically, though, when I went from a 2000 to an upgraded 2000 (often seen
on the list as 2000u), I was able to run programs more efficiently. In my
experience, this made a big difference, especially with MoreInfo, a contact
manager which I use. It also made a big difference in terms of getting
email or surfing the web on the Newton.

J&K Sales (www.jksalesinc.com) did the upgrade for me on my current MP2000.
I would certainly recommend them. You may find other people on this list who
might do this upgrade for you as well.

Welcome to Newton!

--
Patrick Jendraszak