Re: [NTLK] NewtSync/.Mac sync?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 14:02:02 PDT

On Jul 7, 2004, at 10:57 AM, Christopher Hagedorn wrote:
<snip>
> the ultimate scenario would be if we had an iSync client that ran on
> the Newt and interacted with the same data that iSync does. Sadly,
> iSync is proprietary and that most likely won't happen.
> <snip>

I am still hoping to see what the DCL produces for escale with regard
to syncing address book+

The multi-mac thing would be a bonus but doesn't seem needed. If I
could sync the AB with 1 mac, I could use .mac to sync to other macs...

With regard to iSync:

http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/editors/archives/000240.php

It looks like Apple will open this to third parties for data syncing
under 10.4.

I don't know the specifics(no WWDC), but it seems like the right idea
to me...

Marty