Re: [NTLK] Todays Print Drivers

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 05:29:28 PDT

On Jul 7, 2004, at 5:07 AM, Craig Willmore wrote:

> What is an easy way to print for a Newton 2100. I have an HP 3300
> series
> and an Epson 880. I have a Keyspan USB-SERIAL and Newton-Serial Cable
> with
> built in dongle (great cable). Is there a GIMP driver that I may use
> or can
> you tell me where I may find drivers for todays printers.

I believe you should have no problems printing to the Epson 880--- if
you first find yourself either a Print Pack, or a GDT Power Print
serial to parallel print adapter. These things have some sort of
circuitry onboard to convert to the proper printer signals. You should
be able to find one on eBay.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland