[NTLK] New To List...

From: Jim Grich (webmaster_at_weblync.com)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 12:28:52 PDT

I joined this list over the weekend since I just purchased a Newton
2100 (2000 upgraded). I have had Apple computers since 1986 and in the
last 10 years or so have been servicing Apple products. That being
said, I am completely new to the Newton. I have been waiting years for
Apple to create a new PDA but, as you know, it hasn't happened.
Of course I have many questions about the Newton but I am researching
the answers online. The most critical of these questions and the reason
I bought a Newton is to use it to read my e-mail when I'm away (about
1-2 times per month). The unit I have has a PCMCIA card Xircom Global
Access 56K modem (model CM-56G). My questions:

Will this modem work with the Newton? If so, do drivers have to be
installed into the Newton (I do not have any drivers)? If it will work,
where can I find a connection cable for the modem (I have the card but
no cable). I e-mailed Intel who, I believe, made the modem but I
received no response.

Also...Is there any info available on setting the Newton up to go
online. Best programs to use, etc.

I am sorry for these "novice" questions, but I want to learn more about
the Newton and to be able to configure it to do what I need it to do.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Jim