Re: [NTLK] Upgrading a Lucent Silver to Gold (128-bit Encryption)

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 14:55:39 PDT

>On Jul 13, 2004, at 7:29 AM, David Abramowitz wrote:
>Well, Alchemy did not work for me. However, I downloaded the firmware
>updater and ran it (also on the Windows laptop), and it reported
>successfully upgrading the firmware of the Silver card. I am going to
>verify that, and report back. If it worked, I will send the link for
>the firmware updater.
>
>- Dave

I have the firmware updater to version 8.72 that supports 128bit.

http://ndutyme.spymac.net/wsu10872.exe.

The problem is that in Windows and OS9 (maybe others), the drivers still
read the card's type and won't let you enable 128bit WEP (If I'm wrong then
maybe I'm using the wrong version of the drivers. I have the latest from the
Proxim web site).

-----

"Why OS X? Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than fixing
Windows."