Re: [NTLK] Steve Jobs Newton Interview?

From: Paul Braun (cygnus_at_ctgonline.org)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 07:33:05 PDT

On 19 Jul 2004 at 7:05, Martin Joseph wrote:

> > One of the second- or third-gen Macs
> > had more memory expansion designed into the circuitry, but hidden
> > from Steve because the engineers knew people would want and need
> > more ram.
> Actually this was built into every mac, even the very first 128k. I
> know, because made bunches of them into 512's or 2meggers.

I always found this amusing.....

> I Never said Steve was perfect... :~)

Fair enough.. ;-P

> PS The computer is ALWAYS a forward looking business. It has to be.

True. And Apple has been more forward-looking than others, for the most
part -- just frustrating at times.

Paul Braun WD9GCO
2102 Yorktowne Dr
Valparaiso, IN 46383
cygnus at ctgonline dot org

"Enjoy every sandwich." -- Warren Zevon

"At Microsoft, Quality is Job....oh, I dunno.... 7 or 8, maybe?"