Re: [NTLK] [OT] Giving away MP 2000 Motherboard

From: Simon Stapleton (simon_at_tufty.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 03:20:25 PDT

On 31 Jul 2004, at 01:09, Jared Bland <jrbm689_at_mac.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks ALOT, Chris, for writing this at 6AM.
>>
>> Ahem. Actually it was at 10am, quite reasonable for those of us in
>> the UK - and across the channel in mainland Europe as well. :-)
>
> Just a bit of sarcasm - not traveling well over internet pipes.

No, sarcasm travels fine over the pipes. It's just that it's so
unexpected coming from 'across the pond' where sarcasm and irony are
barely recognised[1], it probably shocked Chris into thinking it was
anger. I know it did me ;-)

Simon

[1] No offence meant to those 'over there' who _do_ understand sarcasm
and irony. Consider yourselves part of the gifted few.

--
PGP Key Id : 0x50D0698D