[NTLK] Initial blunt issues

From: Gavin McKenzie (ntlk_at_gavinmckenzie.fastmail.fm)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 07:01:37 PDT

Hi folks,

I've just picked up a bluetooth ambicom bt2000-cf -- it doesn't say 'e'
on it anywhere but it is a black-antenna card so I believe it to be an
'e' card.

So far, it mostly works. I can send a file from the Newt to my WinXP
ThinkPad A31p. Sending from the ThinkPad doesn't work, however.

That leaves me with two questions:
1. does it matter whether I select the Obex Push or Obex File Transfer
on the Newt side? It doesn't seem to change the behaviour.

2. When I go into the In/Out box and select Receive BTObex the Newton
waits for the sender, and immediately after the ThinkPad initiates the
FTP connection the "waiting for sender" on the Newton side disappears
and nothing happens from that point on. The newt doesn't appear to be
in a bad state or anything, but it looks like the operation just
silently terminates. Does anyone know if I should be using the PIM
Item Transfer or File Transfer bluetooth service in Windows?

More questions...

Trying to get internet access via my ThinkPad. Haven't managed it yet.
I've tried both doing a bluetooth over serial connection and the
Bluetooth Network Access service. Do we know if Blunt supports the
LAN access portion of bluetooth?

Has anyone successfully got their blunt-ed Newt to get internet access
from a Windows box?

Some network diagnostic tools on the Newt side would be nice so that I
could narrow the problem down. Anyone know of any such packages?

Gavin.