[NTLK] AW: Making a rechargeable battery pack from a standard?

From: Isaac (Newton_at_spymac.com)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 17:21:26 PDT

> With the great 2100+ mah Ni-MH batteries available,
Haha, I use 2400mAh cells since a few weeks :-P

http://www.newted.dyndns.org/users/mmailand/www/Npages/Naccu/Naccu.html

> I've used 1600 mah rechargeable cells with ok results. It
> saves on alkalines but they don't give that snappy response
> you get from a fresh set alkalines and they die quickly. 2
> sets is a must.
Whaaat??? I´ve increased the sleep delay time to 30min and the backlight
time to 2min - both set to maximum and can run my Newton about a week. I
have to switch it on thus about 6 times a day which means it is on at least
3 hours times 7 days giving 21hours and minimum 82min backlight. Plus 3.5
hours at 3a.m.
What do you mean with snappy response? The Newton does not respond faster w/
any other power source.
Marco