Re: [NTLK] X-Rays and Newts

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 13:01:44 PDT

LAST YEAR i did 4 flights in 4 days. my newton was with me the entire way and i have had no adverse affects from the xray machines.i left my newt in my carry bag and let it glide thru the machines. hopefully you will have the same results. make backups before you go, just to be safe.

hth,
LAG

Matthew Middlebrooke <machead_at_harvestministries.net> wrote:
Hi All-
this summer I will be taking off to college with my little green friend.
Due to where I live(Guam) I will be flying all the way. I'm worried
about taking my newton with me on the flight, because of the x ray
machines it has to through. I've read the horror stories on the archive,
and I don't want to be a statistic.
Is there anything that I can do to minimize the effects of the x ray
machine? what I've learned through the stories is that the magnetic
field generated by the motors can damage the newt, but what about x rays?
I'm stuck between risking that demise of my machine or sending it via USPS.
Any tips, suggestions, warnings, y'know whatever is greatly appreciated,