Re: [NTLK] PDA Market

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 14:50:52 PDT

On Jun 2, 2004, at 1:22 PM, Edmund Blackadder wrote:

> On 2 Jun 2004, at 21:04, Stephen Wolfson wrote:
>
>> Well the other reason for the demise of the PDA is that
>> full blown computers keep shrinking. Checkout
>> www.flipstartpc.com
>>

> LOL! The most stupid device i ve ever seen! windows XP
<snip>

Of course Stephen's point is still valid, especially compared to the
high end Clie products. Many customers might like a portable desktop
that docks (ie can work with real keyboards/monitors), and can
move/work in a pinch,

It seems like crap to me though, compared to the Newton... Windows XP
is bad enough on a desktop from my point of view... :~)

I love when these companies talk about battery life...

Marty

PS I think the Sharp Linux based product is the most promising I have
seen going forward. Now if someone gets that Newton compatibility mode
running on there...