Re: [NTLK] Newton and networking

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 22:52:35 PDT

I've always used a 10/100 Linksys hub between me and
the router.
The network wonks have made major changes to our
internal network. I believe that they added several
hundred new DHCP server and they are doing something
weird (we ran out of IPs when the DHCP server showed
that we had 50 free on that subnet...turns out that
another DHCP server was also serving out portions of
that subnet and it no longer had any free IPs)
I sometimes think that they don't know what they are
doing! And my company IS the internet!
MCI/UUNet...it's not a job...it's a hobby!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Peter Cameron <pdwc_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Ed Kummel wrote:
> > DHCP server etc.
> How are you connecting to the network (directly
> to a router, to a hub)?
> If you're connecting to a router, try adding a
> hub between the router and the Newt.
> My Newt and my old Linksys router got along fine,
> but my new router doesn't like the Newt unless
> there's a hub in between.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Peter
>

> --
> This is the NewtonTalk list -
> http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquiries
> Official Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/
> WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles:
> http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin