Re: [NTLK] Newton and networking

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 12:34:23 PDT

Ed Kummel wrote:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:52:35 -0700 (PDT)

>another DHCP server was also serving out portions of
>that subnet and it no longer had any free IPs)
>I sometimes think that they don't know what they are
>doing! And my company IS the internet!
>MCI/UUNet...it's not a job...it's a hobby!

I use to consult at a few location in NYC and it seems that it's not per se
the company.
It's the IT Director, some are managers others are technician and then there
are those who are both... I've been fortunate at one location where the IT
Director was both - he had the place so well configured and regulated it
barely crashed - that's hard for a WIN environ.

Hopefully the previous advice pans out for you and you can get online with
your Newt. It seems though that there is a move on intranets to have
authentication before full access is allowed.
Though I work for a University now they too are not leaving the system as
open as it use to be and requiring login authentication before you can go
out to the web... If that's the case you maybe out of luck...

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family