Re: [NTLK] Fwd: ericsson + IRDA

From: Till (till_k_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 11:47:37 PDT

Am 06. Jun 2004 um 20:22 Uhr schrieb Edmund Blackadder:

> On 6 Jun 2004, at 19:11, Martin Joseph wrote:
>

>> On Jun 6, 2004, at 11:09 AM, Edmund Blackadder wrote:
>>

>>> So sending emails with newton and mobile is impossible at the moment?
>>>
>>> Thanks :-)
>>>
>> No, just via IRDA using Nitro...
>>

> mmm, so my other solutions are?? Getting a data cable for my mobile?

Yes, but you would also need an adapter from DB9 to Mini-DIN8 (PC
serial to Mac serial) and a serial dongle (if you don't have a SER001).
Bluetooth is another option, PCMCIA cards that work with the Newton are
considerably easier to get (and cheaper) than a data cable from Sony
Ericsson. Also, Bluetooth beats IrDA and cables hands down regarding
ease of use.

Regards
Till