Re: [NTLK] Looking for MagicApp 1.1

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 12:10:25 PDT

Dan wrote:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:46:34 -0400
>Yes I have tried it but as it has been mentioned before, it won't work on
>anything later than NOS 1.3. As for EEUnprotect, if you have that
>installed
>it should allow you to beam or move packages to/from a card. Nothing
>needed
>other than having it installed on your Newton. If it still is not working,
>I would try a reset (reboot). I have used it on occasion it worked well.
>Another thing to try is to go into the "overview" mode in Extras, check the
>item you want, then see if it will beam.

It seems that I'm not given a beam options when trying to beam the Eggs #1
and #2 from MP2100 to eMate - were these pkgs setup that way or is it
because they're a different type of pkg? Just didn't want to have to load
them up on each Newt or eMate...

>On another note, there is a bug in the beaming of NOS 2.1. You need to
>have
>automatic receiving of beams turned on (it is under the i menu in IN/OUT
>box). For some reason even if you start a manual reception it rarely
>works.
>But if you have automatic receiving on, it works every time.

I've not come across this - are you using a MP2000, MP2100 or eMate 300?

a trip to NY