Re: [NTLK] GPS and maps on the Newton?

From: John (macnut1_at_gawab.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 00:57:27 PDT

On Jun 7, 2004, at 2:04 AM, Johannes Wolf wrote:

> As long as the GPS device provides a serial interface and supports NMEA
> protocol, it will work with GPSMap and Newton.
> There are also GPS PCMCIA cards that simulate a serial interface.
> They will most probably work with GPSMap as well.

Well, I've installed the TT gps package on my Newt, except now I don't
know what I need to connect the cable from my Garmin 12 to my Newt. The
Garmin cable has a regular DB9 female PC-style connector. I also have
PC adapter cable for my 130 that also has a DB9 connector female
connector. Can I simply use a gender changer to connect the two cables?
Or do I need a special cable with a DB9 male connector and a Mac DIN on
the other end? If I need a special cable, where can I find it? I've
searched fruitlessly on eBay for something like this. Help!
JR