Re: [NTLK] Interesting Newton fix

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 02:32:33 PDT

I can only fully confirm that this was more or less the way I succeeded to
cure a Newt that used to stop randomly after or during performing the set-up
routine after a brain wipe.
I put in a US ROM and than the DE ROM back - same result, the Newt works
fine since then.
So I assume that there was a patch installed that was not compatible.
The one and only way to erase that memory area where the patches reside is
to place a different system ROM (language or version) to force the Newt to
erase this memory area.
This was confirmed by Paul Guyot as well IIRC.

Cheers
Johannes