Re: [NTLK] Leaving the List

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 08:50:33 PDT

In a previous message, Kevin LaCombe typed vigorously:

>I know Joe and I think his point was that there was a
>very specific question raised concerning current
>"movement" towards handling SSL and HTTPS.
>
>The quick answer given was NO, NO, MAYBE and "You
>should try searching the archive when you have
>questions like these."

Specific to the 'search the archives' comment, the correct and list-happy
way to do this would be to gently remind folks of the existance of the
archives, and then provide an example link to the answer they requested.
This isn't very hard to do. Everyone should keep in mind that not all
NewtonTalkers are aware of existance or usefulness of the archive.

Telling someone to 'look for it yourself' does not enhance the value of
this community. It just makes us look snobbish.

g.

Grant Hutchinson } Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog } www.splorp.com
Newton } www.newted.org
Design } www.veer.com