Re: [NTLK] MP 2100s on eBay

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 21:22:04 PDT

on 11/06/04 19:16, Mark Holden at spartacus68_at_mac.com wrote:
[snip!]
> It's a bit disappointing to see that these are shipping without a
> stylus but hopefully this means those of us outside the US can now get
> our hands on cheap(er) Newts. I've snapped up two newton 2100s from a
> separate auction of theirs. I'll let the list know what they're like
> when they arrive. BTW I am not connected with the sellers in any way
> and I can't vouch for the quality of the goods.

I just bought 2 of those for $100 + $10 shipping. They did throw in 2
original styli for that price. I haven't received them yet, so I can't
comment on the overall condition, particularly the screen...

-Laurent.

flowchart n.: [techspeak] An archaic form of visual control-flow
specification employing arrows and 'speech balloons' of various shapes.
Hackers never use flowcharts, consider them extremely silly, and associate
them with COBOL programmers, card wallopers, and other lower forms of life.
This attitude follows from the observations that flowcharts (at least from a
hacker's point of view) are no easier to read than code, are less precise,
and tend to fall out of sync with the code (so that they either obfuscate it
rather than explaining it, or require extra maintenance effort that doesn't
improve the code). See also PDL, sense 1.