Re: [NTLK] newtVNC very crashprone?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 14:02:57 PDT

On Jun 14, 2004, at 1:49 PM, Ray Zschau wrote:

> I just started playing around with newtVNC and everything seems to work
> great (no dropped connections or crashing),
That is my experience also...
> but for some reason I can't
> get the overview screen to work.
What do you expect it to do? I don't think I ever tried it.
> The screen size is 1280 x 1024.
I usually set my OSX server screen down to the lowest possible
(640*480) when using NewtVNC I also use the greyscaled interface
preference(not display setting) in OSX (not that it seems to matter).
Then you put your Mac windows into the upper left corner of the mac
screen, and live with it...
> Of
> course I can only see a portion of the screen at a time, as should be
> the case in regular use. Anything I should do to get the overview to
> work? Or is there a plan in the works to use some sort of a scaled
> down screen as the main interface?
That sure sounds like a smart idea to me... Although only as an
overview mode I would think(ie static).
> I'm sure it would be a little slower, but imho would much more useful
> - which in turn would save
> time.
Oh, you are thinking of USING it in a scaled mode. I think that would
to be overly ugly and slow...

Your best bet it set your VNC Server OS (whatever that is) to maximize
the usefulness of the Newt.

marty