Re: [NTLK] Is there an active NUG in NYC?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 12:52:38 PDT

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 03:10:42PM -0400, Corey Klass wrote:
> I don't know about anyone else on (or off) the list, but I live in lower
> Manhattan, and I'd love to see a NUG pop up.

While I'm aware there's a big map someplace of a lot of Newton owners,
I'm going to again mention that http://newton.meetup.com exists and can
provide monthly notification to those of there being enough people in an
area to make a meeting worthwhile. (Thier bottom end is about 5 people.)

The meetup.com organization (which I'm not affiliated with, btw) derives
their income from premium memberships and fees paid by "meetup host
locations" for bringing in customers (the attendees). I've never seen
them provide unsolicited advertising from "selected business partners",
as is the current buzz-phrase.

I'd like to see a bunch of Newt-owners on a regular basis as well, and
this may make a decent mechanism for getting something off the ground.

--
29. I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into
    confusion.