Re: [NTLK] Please help a "beginner"

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 13:51:42 PDT

On Jun 15, 2004, at 4:22 PM, Perry Miller wrote:

> Hi Johannes,
>
> I'm in the same situation as David with my 2100 MP. Not being very
> knowledgeable about this, is there a particular PCMCIA WIFI card for my
> Newton that will work with my Apple Airport. Is there a resource you
> suggest for such a purchase.

Many of us use the Lucent WaveLan Silver or Gold card. You can pick one
up one eBay for about $25. Do a search on Lucent Wavelan PCMCIA and
you'll find them. Bear in mind the encryption will work with 802.11b,
but if you have an Extreme Base Station, you can't use WPA, for
instance. You'll find more information in the FAQ in terms of other
cards and drivers, and tigers and lions and bears.

- Dave