Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]Helping Hiroshi...

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 01:10:00 PDT

If I had a software pkg. that could 'fry' a Newton and/or a NIC card, I
would demand that the download link be ONLY on one site/page, just to make
sure the prospective users HAVE TO READ THE CONCERNS ABOUT COMPATIBILITY
ISSUES. But I would have allowed proper mirroring of the site/page.
If I had memory cards to sell on a public-accessed site, such as ebay, I
would <FIRST> ask the author/company if it was ok. If ok then <SECOND> add
a text copy of the webpage describing the pros and cons of the software.
It's a precaution.

To Jeff, don't worry too much about the 'banter' here, I used to post
'ferdi alerts' to warn/inform NTLK'ers about how auction descriptions were
inflated if not deceptive, but mainly when ferdi tried to 'advertise' on
NTLK and/or 'abused' an idea only talked about here. I only got one
negative response per 'alert', but nasty ones from fe_di'. So continue to
'defend the Newt.'! :-)
------------------
>All of this talk about shutting up about hiroshi's driver makes me wish I
>would have never gotten involved in the first place with it. Hiroshi closed
>off the newton part after finding out about the ebay auction. I emailed the
>guy who did the auction. Had a little convo with him about it. He emailed
>Hiroshi and myself back and appologized. Then Hiroshi put the link back.
>I promise to the newton community that I will no longer get involed with

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
www.lanug.org