[NTLK] Calise case mod for 2100

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 03:50:18 PDT

I was looking at my old Calise case, that's the right size just about
for a 2100, just that the velcro holder is a little tight- it's hard to
get the 2100 installed securely, it slips out (these were originally
for the 120/130 form factor).

It's a nice case, padded, small , looks a little like a bible case so
perhaps less likely to be stolen (plus you get karma points with John
Ashcroft & the TSA, important if you want to fly). Perfect pocket on
the front for short data cables and cell phone, ethernet cord,
whatever. Nice holders inside for many cards, a pouch for more
(flattish) stuff, plus other niches.

Anyway I had some sticky velcro around. Sticking some velcro
back-to-back (so you get a strip which is one side fuzzy, one side
hooks), add it to the existing velcro closure which is really quite a
tight fit for the 2100, and presto- a nice custom fit shoe for the 2100.

I love my rip-off holster, but it just doesn't carry all the junk I'd
like to have in one spot when I travel with the MP.

Long time users know this, Calise cases are nice slightly padded
leather, and are available on ebay for a song (well a 7-$10 song).

Brian

--
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only