[NTLK] Mixed .11b and .11g networks (was: Re: Closure of Hiroshi Noguchi's Newton Driver site- thanks alot, gilgamesh!)

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 08:51:35 PDT

Quoting David Ensteness <denstene_at_mac.com>:

> It can manage both.

> On Jun 17, 2004, at 10:26 AM, Tommaso wrote:
>
> > This means that the speed will be the lower also for my iBook G4?
> > Or the Airport can manage the .11b and .11g speed in the same time?
> > Thanks
> > Tommaso

It can, but the .11g client will be slowed down somewhat. (I'm not sure how
much -- I think it will still be faster than .11b.) But they will both work at
the same time and it probably won't make any difference to your internet
experience, as your broadband connection is most likely slower than .11b anyway.

Michael