Re: [NTLK] Retrieving data off Newton

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 12:31:14 PDT

>I recently turned on a M2100 that had been sitting without batteries since
>1998. Everything was there, all I had to do was set the date and time.

Yes with the M2x00 or emate the data is retained indefinitely via flash
memory. They only downside of course it the finite write cycles. And the
older models (110, 120, 130) use SRAM but that is protected via a backup
battery that will retain the data for a couple of months at least without
main batteries.

-Dan