Re: [NTLK] [OT] iMac G3 Tech support / Buying advice

From: System Administrator (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 12:02:36 PDT

To accomplish adding AirPort and FW you have to put in a newer logic
board. There might be a 3rd party solution for FW via a processor
upgrade that also handles FW ports as there was one of those once but
all in all, its a bad idea in my opinion.

With regard to firmware, best bet is boot into Open Firmware via the
keyboard command: cmd option O F (I think, I can't actually remember),
it will display the firmware version, compare that to what it should
be. If its not up to date, update it, then boot it up and see if it
does the wacky stuff.

David