Re: [NTLK] Newton emulator for Mac/Win

From: Nicolas Zinovieff (krugazor_at_free.fr)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 05:27:42 PDT

On Sunday 13 June 2004 18:24, Mircea Boari wrote:
> Hi falks -- I've been hoping for many years for a Newton emulator
> which runs either on Mac or a PC. I'd love to be able to export al my
> Newton content (multy-layered folders of notes, chiefly) just as is
> on a desktop machine and to move them back and forth between the
> emulator and the desktop. In the end, eventually, being able to
> export the content thus modified to the Newton. If not, then having
> the Newton itself "talk" to the emulator and updating the changes.
>
> I've searched the archive, but I found no thread dealing with the
> issue (except for a Newton emulator for Palms, back in 2001). Isn't
> this possible or it's only me fancing about such capabilities?

Actually, that's part of our plans with the DCL / Escale projects.
The synchronization is supposed to deal with dates and names -- sure -- but
with notes and other stuff like that as well.
However, due to lack of time (mainly devoted to the upcoming Worldide Newton
Conference in september), and of developers (Paul and I both happen to have a
lot on our plates at the moment), we are lagging on this topic.

If anyone wants to give a hand, please come forward. We already have a huge
chunk coded, and it's more a matter of intelligent data mining and
finalization now

Cheers.

--
Nicolas Zinovieff